Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Three Cheers for Stupidity!

Some famous and infamous folks dropped by to offer commentary on my poker playing last night...

Slater: Didja ever look at a dollar bill, man? There's some spooky shit goin' on there. And it's green too. Man, I thought you were the shit in Geography class!

Thanks Slater, yeah I gave away several dollar bills last night but I still couldn't tell you the capitals of the Baltic nations. Hell, I couldn't even list all the countries.

John Madden: Boom! Did you see that play Al? I mean he just stood there and let the guy pummel him! Let me draw up the play on the TV chalkboard here [manages to draw all over the current live play]

Al Michaels: Could you wait until there's a break in the action... for the folks at home, Culpepper just threw his fourth interception under the line John drew at the 42 yard line

Talk about wrong strategies at the wrong tables. I aggressively called down a rock without the nuts, and passively value checked my good hands at an aggressive table. I'm a shoo-in for the All-Madden team for sure. Or at least a turkey leg at the Thanksgiving game.

Doc Holliday: [to Drizz] Why Drizz, you look like someone just walked over your grave.

No, I just managed to have a series of brain farts last night without any Beano to relieve the pressure.

Doc Holliday: [to Drizz, after shooting him in a duel] You're no daisy! You're no daisy at all. Poor soul, you were just too high strung.

Extremely high strung, I think I need some lavender incenses and some Yo-Yo Ma while sitting down to play online. About my only saving grace is my ability to view when I'm playing bad and stop.

Scotty Nguyen: Baby, your night was over before it started!

I don't know what the hint was... may it was locking up the nut low on my very first hand of the night and stacking off vs. a short stack... at a PLO table not PLO8. I got A23... oh wait there's no low in this game, THANKS FOR PLAYING! Sigh.

Maigrey: Are you ever going to stop staring at my chest for two seconds and listen to what I'm trying to teach you?

(looks up after being in a daze) wha.. what? Oh, hi! Open ended straight draws suck in PLO? Check. Be more aggressive pre-flop? Will do. Start watching Gilmore Girls? Eh, no.

Alex P. Keaton: All you need in life Drizz, is money. That and more intelligence then your average retarded Democrat if you want to succeed in poker.

Right now I have the comfortable bankroll but lack the SMRTs to consistantly make good decisions. I liked going all-in with several outs last night in PLO (not as great as odds as I thought, but it was nice to jump without the safety net). I disliked two bluff attempts versus known rocks while getting bet into when the board completely missed me. That cost me the fun I was having for the night.

Lindsay Lohan: I want you.

I'll be done in 15 seconds you won't feel a thing.









Chris Knight: First, you have to get back at Kent, it's a moral imperative.

I do need to pay off a bet, but get back at him? Naw. Actually... I do need to get back at him for that hand at the Excalibur. Thanks again man for the props last night. If this post sucks, well you inspired me to actually think ;)

Thanks for dropping by, go check out the link above concerning the Bloggers Freeroll at Stars. Its up to 600+ people as of last night. Has BG posted the early line for last longest among the poker bloggers yet?

No comments: