Thursday, March 11, 2010

Thursdays are for Truckin

** With new templates abound by some of the "older" bloggers out there, I'd love to know how to go about getting some life into this here blog (besides my dead "writing" of course.  If any web-heads or people who know such people, I'm willing to part with a couple of bucks for a new look, let me know via email found on the right **

If you didn't know by now that the latest Truckin is out, you have issues and should have a doctor or a doctor look at that for you (careful though, only of them knows his left from his right, but I'd rather have one over the other in the emergency room should I ever get the need to pull a Tiger Woods and get bludggeoned by a 27 oz. Worth softball bat):

1. Purple Pajamas by Paul McGuire


"A girl from Texas once told me that grasshoppers were lucky," said Lucien as he balanced his guitar on his leg and leaned into the microphone. "I didn't believe her. I used to kill 'em whenever I came across 'em."... More

2. Jonny, No H by Sigge S. Amdal

I needed a cabbie, and I needed it fast 'fore anyone wrong around me would pay any notice. This is a dog-eat-dog kind of town as soon as the bar closes and all the police of central Oslo has left somewhere else entirely, never there when you need them and especially there when you don't... More

3. Fire Confession by Chris Hall

The completely rational part of my brain drowned in a sea of paranoia as I frantically flapped my t-shirt underneath the alarm trying to stop it from going off. I couldn't really see any smoke, but this was an expensive hotel, maybe it had very sensitive fire-alarms that could detect it easily, but my alarm was going off. Ergo, it must be my fault... More

4. Kankakee by Change100

Well, there were a lot of tractors in these parts and for a moment there, I felt like I was in the opening scene of a slasher movie, the naïve girl being lured in by seemingly folksy farmers who then proceed to hack her to pieces and sell off her organs to smugglers... More

5. Those Grifting O'Malleys by Johnny Hughes

I parked the car, and walked over the bridge to Mexico. In a half a block, I bought a whiskey and coke for a nickel. It didn't take much to get me drunk, being only my fourth of fifth time. I bought this big sombrero, and two fifths of fancy, but cheap champagne. That was a mistake, because I had to carry them everywhere, and if I wore the sombrero, folks would hoorah me... More

2 comments:

Pauly said...

Thanks for the plug.

DrChako said...

Yeah, but only one of us can get you vicodin (hint: it's not me).

-DrC