Monday, March 11, 2013

102 days

Current mood:  Smells like mid-age spirit

Finals week.

Technicially its next week, but this all of the semi-lengthy research papers are due as a rough draft which the professors are actually saying "don't make me fuckin work next week and get your shit together this week". 

Roger that.

Soon I will be allowed to join proper society again and not make pop references three years too late.  Have you heard of this series called "Deadwood" or "Game of Thrones" (which I caught up on in 9 days)  they are pretty awesome.  Unlocking HBO for the first time since I was a freeloader at my parent's home and remember acting sick during Wimbledon so I could watch the early round matches on HBO because there was that, or waiting until the weekend to watch some tape-delayed "feature" match on NBC featuring Bud Collins on mic with Ivan Lendl, Mats Wilander, or that kid Boris Becker tearing it up. Now, I push a magical button and any HBO series worth its weight is displayed on my iPad in any room with a better picture than my TV which has Gumball, Spongebob, or these annoying and expensive cartoonerized tops called Bakugan playing at all hours.

Cathouse?  Meow.  Odd.  And strangely educational.  $2,500-$3,500 for a "party"?  I can see why broke dicks in Vegas chance with the law on the strip versus shelling out enough for a 1998 Ford Explorer "fixer upper".

1097 days of school down.
102 days to graduation.
14 days to Vegas (Wilson Phillips anyone?)
11 days to end of quarter
3 days to the start of MicroMillions IV

Get there.

No comments: