Friday, June 27, 2008

U.S. Women Open at Interlachen

My wife snagged me a couple of tickets for the U.S. Open at Christmas and today was the today to cash it in since Sunday has me behind the computer and Saturday in the batter's box.

Here are some numbers:

15,000+ - Minnesotans running abOOt the hallowed ground of Interlachen Country Club

15 - American dollars for two hot dogs and some chips

-1 - Annika Sorenstam's score after a 67 today, of which I watched her absolutely nut a fairway wood on a Par-5 within 15 feet to putt for eagle

1 - Women who looked like a Joey Ramone months from death

3:2 - Ratio of shorts to skirts (but no panty shots when looking over a 25 foot double-bending putt)

13 - Number of feet I came from winning a closest-to-the-pin contest in the Lexus corporate tent, winner got an all-expense paid trip for two to next year's U.S. Open. Next time, need more backspin

No comments: