Thursday, March 03, 2005

Clearing a Party

TEDDY: Mr. Son Of A Bitch, let's play some cards.

- Teddy KGB "Rounders"

I was down most of the night while polishing off the $200 reload bonus ending a nice run at the PartyPoker $25NLHE tables this week. As luck has it I finished up for the night thanks to a visit from pocket Hellmuths twice in 4 hands (but not as much as I thought thanks to a calling station with Q4s). I even got visits from a certain NY doctor, a fellow Minnesooooootan, and a strip club connoisseur. They came in while I was ready to go to bed costing me a couple of bets (worth the price of conversation as always) to stay up and chat (pay back from Mr. Halverson mayhaps)? We got to chat about the upcoming WPBT event in Vegas. I gave a little information about my lack of live tournament play, 8th place in a Canterbury Downs 7 card Stud (yes Felicia you read that right) 3 years ago. I plan on wearing full hockey gear to displace any body tells that I'm sure to give off. Betting chips with hockey gloves on may prove to be difficult however. I do plan on hitting up the Aladdin morning tourney (free breakfast whoo whoo!), and probably Mandalay Bay's while in Vegas in 17 days to get a feel for live tourney play. And if I hit it big (I haven't won in 6 yearly trips to Vegas) I'll try out the Mirage's weekly tourney as well (thanks to Poker Prof for all the Vegas tourney info).

Me and the wife secured our flight and hotel through Worryfreevacations, non-stop flight plus room at the luxrious Plaza hotel in downtown Las Vegas for only $600. Ok, I know the Plaza isn't the Belliago or even the Stardust, but its a bed and a room with a McDonald's inside to feed me my morning McGriddles. Plus I've heard some more esteemed bloggers will be hitting up the .99 cent shrimp cocktails downtown as well. The wife asked if I would be paying for her ticket, calmly I told her "you can find ways to pay me back". Very cheesy I know, but that's what keeps our marriage alive and fun.

WPT @ The Mirage was definitely an eye-opener for the destructful results of bad timing in a tournament and tutorial on good laydowns by John Juanda. Poor Scotty couldn't get anything going with that massive chip lead and busted out before Welcome Back Kotter teacher Gabe Kaplan. Gabe seemed to be a little on the weak-tight side in the few hands shown, but I know those shows are heavily edited so he must have been doing something right to take home 3rd place out of 284 entries.

I still need to write up my mini-bonus "guide" as I've cleared them on 15 different sites now and would like to share a little info to those who see the re-load bonuses pop up. Yes, I am a bonus whore, and proud of it!

No comments: