Saturday, March 19, 2005

No Eights Do Not Look Like Nines

I mistook my made set of 9s last night.... when I had pocket 8s. Good one Drizz. Yeah, I was slightly tipsy from bowling night since delicious Guniness beer was on special so I took full advantage of the generosity.

Drunken 4-tabling for 2 hours netted me.... sixteen cents. It should have been much much worse but damn the fishies were out in full force yesterday at Party.

Unlike my current four tables which if you stuck a lump of coal up their collective asses and twist you'd have a diamond (Thank you Ferris). Everyone just folds pre-flop. No, I didn't go on tilt to play $15/$30.... this is at the $25NL tables. Who the hell hit the Slansky on the usually wild and wacky low-limit tables? Even back to back hammer bluffs can't crack the marble facade of these tables at the moment. Maybe later tonight after bar rush, all will be right with the universe and people will start going all in off bottom pair no kicker again.

Vegas in about 16 more hours, guess how much sleep I'm going to get until then. Yes, exactly the same amount of times you'll hear "Cabin Boy" nominated for the top 100 movies of all time. Zero, nada, zilch. It took some private time with my wife to finally get some shut-eye.

NCAA bracket. Not looking so good. I'm 3rd from the bottom in Pauly's pool, and dead last on the bracket at work. I called it, I suck at picking brackets. Sigh. I try to choose upsets and pick them in the wrong goddamn region EVERY YEAR. At least thanks to PokerNerd's prediction of Vermont beating Da Cuuuuuuuuse, I made back the money I put towards all the brackets (much love to the Nerd, I heart you!).

I picked up "Championship Pot Limit and No-Limit Hold Em'" by Cloutier and McEvoy today at Barnes and Noble for the plane ride. I fully expect to be playing the $10/$20 NLHE game at the Belliago when I've finished reading this book. Not out of the question once I down a 12 pack or so of Miller High Lifes and a couple of those collector glass with the 40oz. margaritas in them. Maybe I'll make a certain Belliago dealer's blog with my actions. Just kidding Linda.

Winning the $.35 blinds is getting to be a little boring. Someone send a manaic or some cowbell, stat.

I'm out for the week, so go to Full Tilt (BONUS CODE: DRIZZ99), and read up on these folks I've linked, they are 100X more interesting then this surburban dad's tales from the minivan. Peace.

No comments: