Tuesday, March 15, 2005

O8 streak continues

Three 1st in a row for Omaha hi/low SnG tourneys. I played one on Stars last night, granted it was PL instead of limit like on Party (unless you play $30 or higher and can play the PL games there), but I won again. The money was minimal but it felt good to be on a winning track again after last week's suckout fest in tourney and especially hold em' ring games.

I played at Party as well last night, racking up an impressive (heavy on the sarcasm) $5.32 win on a $50NLHE table. Only the Hiltons visited me once in nearly 2 hours (chopped the pot when someone else also held QQ), all the rest were blind steals and pot steals on flop bets. Crap cards all night, but thankfully no second best hands. I did get to watch someone slowplay KK on a board of 2 8 8 8 K right into the case 8. Not sure how to get away from that one.

Stars provided a little side cash besides the SnG win, I tried playing O8 side games instead of Hold Em'. The good... nearly every hand is worth a FPP. The bad... it takes 5 times as long to complete a hand. I think I got 50 FPP points playing two tables for 2 hours last night. Not bonus whoring productive, but chalking up a modest win is better then the losses I put up this weekend.

I signed up for Pauly's NCAA tournament pool. Usually I'm a fairly good sports handicapper having made money betting on NFL games for the past four years. But my bracket usually ends up in the trash by the time I'm on the plane for our yearly spring break trip to Vegas. I've never picked more then one final four participant and if I get 50% of the first round picks correct, look for 90% of my second round picks to take a return trip to their dorms. Root on my "Alex P Keaton's Trust Fund" as the cinderella bracket at ESPN.com or just take a note on who not to pick. Yo Mallory! Yes, I watch 80s sitcoms whenever possible.

My wife likes to check the weather for Vegas (since she goes for the shows and laying out by the pools) and yesterday got two very different forcasts from Weather.com in a matter of 8 hours. How are people supposed to plan ahead if your giving weather reports like that dude from Anchorman? Aren't those $50 million weather satellites good for something besides filling up 5 minutes of air time during the nightly news? Ok, maybe I'm a bit bitchy that there's a raincloud on the first day we get to Vegas. But still, if you're gonna give a forecast at least stick to your guns instead of waffling from "nice and sunny" to "bring your parka".

I purchased the Pokertracker guide last night. I haven't opened it nor gotten the codes yet, but I'll do a short review of it if I have time tonight after visiting my mother-in-law in the hospital (nothing too serious, just slipped on some ice and broke her ankle ).

Have a good Tuesday everyone :)

No comments: