Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Are You On Full Tilt? (if not you should be!)

As I was playing some $.50/$1 NLHE on Full Tilt last night I kept a close eye on the UNC score. When I saw the halftime score and UNC with a commanding lead I directed my full attention back to playing and started the dreams of actually winning TWO NCAA pools! Everyone ahead of me picked Illinois vs. UNC but.... they all picked Illinois to win it all. SUCKERS! Yes, Roy Williams and the gaggle of future NBA players managed to flop a 15 point lead and almost get rivered at the end but a missed 3-pointer and a rebound put some nice cash into my pocket this morning. And after spending $5,000 to get our roof re-shingled yesterday, I need it.

I saw the BBJ at Party getting rather bloated again so I tried unsuccessfully to tap it, but there were 3 different times a jackpot board was up and one person had either the quads or the straight flush. CMON PEOPLE PLAY 67s TO THE RIVER!!! I also checked out a new WSOP sub-qualifier. Good lord these players were wackier then a bus full soccer moms hopped up on triple mocha lattes from Starbucks. All-in first hand pre-flop.... K9s, A4s, 77. I actually played three hands before pushing my starting-sized stack with ATs in position to get CALLED by someone else with a similar stack with... K9s. The nine hit the turn and I'll have to wait longer now before I can kid with Johnny Fuckin Chan about his orange.

Full Tilt provided my first winning session in a week with a couple of really bad plays and a thought provoking one.... let me know HOW WOULD YOU PLAY IT?

(.50/1 NLHE ) 84s in the BB, 2 limpers, SB completes, I check... flop comes A 7 6 one of my suit. SB checks, I check, 2 limpers check, check check check check. The turn a 5 of my suit. I now have a straight and a re-draw to a straight flush. SB checks, I check (I normally don't slow-play, and this was probably a bad place to do it...), one limper wakes up for a $3 bet, next limper folds, the SB wakes up also and pops it to $10. We all have similar stacks ~$80 at this point. I pushed seeing the bet and raise thinking someone caught a set and even though he'd be drawing live, I was well ahead with one card coming and he'd call my bet. The original bettor folded (he said he had top two, so did I miss some bets there?). The SB calls turns over PRESTO! The river was a blank and I won my first stack in a week. I was ok with my push since I was 90% sure the SB would call, but did I miss bets with shutting out the original bettor? I'll let those who play this game better then I answer that one.

I thank the gambling gods for shining a little light on me yesterday, my wallet thanks you.

More then likely no poker tonight since mom is having me, my brother, and sister over for dinner tonight. I'll put up my Vegas Trip part drei tomorrow, today I'm a little swimmy in the head and I can't think straight as my writting probably shows.

Oh, if there's anyone out there that could help with the design of the webpage, please please let me know. I'd really like to improve the look of it since it looks like crap with links all over the place and everything looks like it got stuffed into a girdle. Thank you kindly, and have a good Tuesday!!

No comments: