Thursday, April 21, 2005

WOW! That Was Quicker Then Sex!

Maybe I lasted just a few seconds longer in the Full Tilt Pot Limit Omaha bracelet race.... but not by much. Second hand, flop a nut boat, all-in heads-up, he fills a higher boat on the river. $26 well spent!

Not a good night last night on the cash tables as a runner-runner flush draw KO'd most of my profits and I managed to spam the fold button enough to forget what game I was playing. Eh, it will turn around sometime.

I even tried a $20 SnG on Full Tilt (BONUS CODE: DRIZZ99) but that was more of the same fold-a-thon. I couldn't even get a paint card to attempt to steal blinds with. Ended up going all-in with 5 remaining with KQo and getting called in two places. Sigh. AQs and AKs, good job Drizz. And no my perfect KQ did not come on the board.

Since I left my glasses at work and had to wear my prescription sunglasses (yes, I played online poker with sunglass on, call me Bill Fillmaff) at home it made the monitor rather difficult to watch so I had a good excuse to cut my session short last night before I tilted away anymore money. Even a straight flush for a $40 pot didn't lift my spirits. Maybe spirits are what I need :) For now, its grinding away and the cards will turn in my favor soon. I just hope soon would come sooner then later because the cat is getting snarly at me after shipping him air mail after a beat (keep your PETA cards in your wallets, I wouldn't hurt the kitty.... much).

Since cards weren't in my favor despite my uber shades and hat set-up, I decided to relax and watch the pros play for more then pocket change on the WPT Belliago 5 Diamonds event. Danny N. took it down once again, but it was the appearance of Jennifer Harman that made it worth watching. She looks much like my high school girlfriend, only taller, prettier, and more alive (maybe a story to tell when I'm really feeling shitty). I'm still amazed how these pros are so calm and collected after such a harsh beat. Harman's AQ vs. Amateur's QQ, an ace flops. Nam Le's KQ vs. Vinny's KJ and a Jack flops. Yuck! But, that's why they are pros playing at the Belliago and I'm playing $.50/$1 NL in my basement with a small space heater and pretzel rods to eat.

Ugh, aren't I basket of negativity. Hopefully, there will be something more positive to write about tomorrow. At the moment I feel like I'm spirialing towards that numbness of losing that was described in an article by Lou Kreiger I read on someone's blog... (can't remember who's at the moment, excellent article). Go check out the article at Cardplayer.com

I promise to focus on sunshine and roses tomorrow and will have something more positive to report, even if its cooking dinner without burning it :)

No comments: