Monday, April 18, 2005

Man Did I Sound Pissy

Jez, I don't even remember writing that short whine post there, sorry about that, must find happy place again. Ah, lets see what's been going on...... (writing late today since work and blogger didn't seem to like each other this morning).

Softball season!

The beer bust was a success as we managed to raise enough cash to pay for the beer! No, actually we were able to pay off our registration fees and enjoy knocking down as many beers as possible within two hours for $5. Afterwards we headed back to my place for a couple of Cap'n Cokes and a little poker. Could Drizz break his home game slump? Of course not. I lost going all in off two pair on the flop vs. an open ended straight draw that hit on the turn. Buy in was a whole dollar so it won't cause me to Ebay my 1985 Topps Baseball set to replenish my bankroll.

We had practice this weekend with the co-ed team, and I was the king of corn. I think I woke up some storm clouds with all the high fly balls I was hitting. But the sun was out and Little Drizz was having fun getting into the mud left behind from the morning's downpours. Can't complain as spring softball practice means its time to get outside and shake off the cabin fever that gets stored up during the 11 month winters we have in Minnesota.

Poker Content!

I played late into the night almost every night while clearing a quick bonus on Will Hill, I had my first profitable bonus whoring expedition this month. Wheeeeeeeeeeee. Still its been trying this month weathering all the beats and depletion in the bankroll. The cash games don't seem to hurt as bad when the beats come but those two/three outers during tournament play really tests my patience. Grinding out steals, stop-and-gos, etc... only to have some paint chip eating yahoo suckout on your first made hand in two hours must... not... throw.... monitor...

Full Tilt and Party provided some frustration including finally busting out of the WSOP steps SnG after 22 straight freerolls. As Doubleas stated.... its good for practice, not so much for profitablity.

Sometimes I'll try to go to a happy place ala Happy Gilmore. Pitchers of beer, chick in white lace, and Lando Calrissian banging out "We've Only Just Begun" on the Steinway. My happy place is a little different but just as satisifying :)

Thanks for dropping by, I'll have a quick tournament recap of my most recent WSOP satellite attempt tomorrow morning.

No comments: