Tuesday, April 19, 2005

I Wish I Was Excited

But, alas I flunked out on yet another WSOP attempt last night on Full Tilt (BONUS CODE: DRIZZ99). I hoped to make at least a decent showing at the Stud 8 tourney but the cards weren't in my favor last night. Early on I caught a nice King high flush to go with a 6 low for a decent scoop. But, tournaments are not won at level two. After the first break, I played three hands, all three with excellent draws, and all three bricked up like a high school freshman basketball player making his first start off the bench. 2 - 3 - A (doorcard) all suited, next card 4, brick, brick, brick. And a couple of others that received similar fates. Rafe Furst was at my table the entire night doing an excellent job of pushing draws and being aggressive. He caught several scoops with low straights, I hope he continued to do well after I got bounced around 70th.

I was hoping to compete in the Omaha 8 bracelet tournament that started two hours prior to the Stud 8, but a big dinner at my parent's place prevented that. Breaded pork chops, twice baked potatoes, and cream cheese pie for dessert. Yumm-e. Little Drizz decided to go outside and collect some more bruises by falling off a slide and a big wheel looking thing. Right now he looks like he took on a rabid cat and lost.

After my unceremonial departing in the Stud 8 tourney, I fired up PartyPoker to see their bad beat jackpot was over $300K again. Playing those tables is much like play video poker, mindless and you're either going to win or lose a lot. Well, I lost a lot. -17BB at the $2/$4 table. Was one board away from having a jackpot hand last night as I held 99 on a board of 2 Q Q 6, the villian had quads on that board and the very next hand 9 Q Q 9 came up. I think a certain Hilton Sister stalker had something to do with this flurry of feminine royalty. While feeling the sting of another losing session on the bingo tables I checked out my buddy list to see if anyone was on for some comic relief. Lo and behold, a blogger table at the ol' .50/1 limit hold em' tables. Doc's promises of stripper relief this morning was the release I needed after yet another losing session. SirWaffleMan and Geek showed up, I was expecting some barbs to be thrown but poker has a way washing away beat stories and renewing friendships... I hope.

Not being able to add to the bankroll lately is hurting my plans to go to Vegas with enough cash to survive a night with the AlCantHang Experience. I guess there's always penny slots and 99 cent shrimp cocktails :) I won't be that bad off, but it would have been nice to take a decent stash to Vegas and maybe bump up the limits I usually play at, maybe even take a shot at a 2/5 NL table. We shall see what May brings, since April has been the Ryan Leaf of poker months.

Thanks for reading, now go get your triple-latte-mocha-caramel-whatever and read something worth while.

No comments: