Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Holy Blogger Sightings Batman!

I pulled out the poker room utility belt last night as there seemed to be no end to the amount of bloggers tossing chips onto the virtual felt last night. Amazingly they not only write about poker, drinking, and strippers (these three vices were not put in any order of importance) but they play too!

I was content with settling down to grind out more of my huge deposit bonus over at Noble Poker. But when my choices in NLHE games were $.05/$.10 and $5/$10 I erred on the side of caution and decided not to tangle with the 4 to 5 digit stacks. $1,500 check-raises would make my balls shrink up like a juiced up designated hitter in major league baseball. I love the software over at Noble but the lack of traffic makes it tough to jump on a get a game that you are looking for. I was seeing $40 starting stacks at the $2/$4 NLHE game. Now what the fuck are you going to do when someone puts in a standard 3-4x big blind raise and you're holding decent cards but not AA or KK? Not the brightest bulbs on the poker planet, but then again those players will sit at the $1/$2 game with the same amounts making them easy pickings.

Ixnay on the bonus whoring at Noble, I decided to hit up Full Tilt (BONUS CODE: DRIZZ99). I was hoping to try out another bracelet race tourney but signed on 2 minutes too late. The WSOP will have to wait for one more day it seems (heavy on the sarcasm there). Poker Nerd was in the tourney, remembering my Halverson Cooler Effect I said my good luck to leave him alone and fired up a couple of $.50/$1 NLHE tables. Promptly went up $80 then bled away my profits with second best flushes and two pairs over the course of two hours. Glyphic showed up mid-way through my session to join one of my tables (I didn't notice him there till he IM'd me, 5 tabling will do that....). I tried a couple of hammer and pocket Aces bluffs, got called with the hammer, won the blinds with Aces. Yes, I have the timing of an ex-boyfriend running up to the altar to beg for forgiveness on my ex-girfriend's wedding day. Go me. I am pleased to report that I am 9,000 points away from that nifty WSOP freeroll Full Tilt is sponsoring in two months. According to my caveman math, I need to average 152 points a day until it starts on June 18th. Not out of the question, but I hope I don't run out of money chasing it. At the end of the session Glyphic mentioned an actress from the Sooner state happened to be leading an SnG heads-up. True to fashion as I sweated her from the rail as she ran into Aces and Big Slick. Yes, I'm about as lucky to other bloggers as a Powerball Lottery winner who dies in a car crash while going to claim the money. Sorry Maudie :(

Not content with just playing four tables (I was on UB also chipping at the bonus stash there playing Omaha 8 or better) I fired up Party to see if the Bad Beat Jackpot had been stolen from me yet. Nope. Currently at $380K, well then, how about I throw another buy-in at this glorified bingo card! Happily losing on my own I see Donkeypuncher plop down in the seat to my left as I know he loves these tables, especially when the jackpot $$$ get high enough. Then THG sits down in the 8 seat. Hmmm... I'm beginning to wonder if I'd clicked on the .50/1 limit table by mistake. DP had Aces dominated with KK and won a decent pot, silly rabbit thinking Aces are a good hand. Then Suzanne Somer's roommate showed up to steal my precious 1BB profit I managed to scrap together. Luckily his mind was on Icelandic strippers and only stole my blinds every other orbit :D I hit a nice pot with AKs when JJ and AQ came along for the calling station ride, turning an Ace after it was capped pre-flop. Question: on a board of 8 9 T A 4, no flush possible (as I held the nut flush draw to the river when two my suit flopped), do you value bet the river if you're the last to act? I checked it down when the blank fell just in case Moe or Curly had QJ or a flopped set. Or did I go limp like after viewing Rosie O' Donnell naked?

Leaving the table with a 5BB profit put a bounce in my step as my first winning session on these tables in a week.

Thanks for dropping by today, I'll be on Full Tilt tonight going after that PLO8 bracelet tonight. I pray I don't draw any pros this time at my table.

No comments: