Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Razz me!

I broke a rule of mine that I set several months ago: Never play in a tournament that you don't feel like finishing 2 to 3 hours from now.

I entered the Razz $5 tournament on Full Tilt without thoughts to the time as it was getting late and I needed whatever sleep I could grab. Being sapped from allergies for the past 2 weeks has made the 6am-4pm grind at work seem even longer.

I finished a dreadful 63rd out of 90ish players. I pushed in level 4 with 3 - 4 - and doorcard A. It seemed like a great idea at the time with 4th street bringing a 2 making 4 cards to a wheel. But, this is Razz, and Razz was invented to cause high blood pressure, hypertension, and suicidal tendencies. My opponent flipped over four cards to a ten low. He never improved. "That's a good thing" you might say. True, I had 20 outs, all live (according to doorcards that were folded). 4 - 4 - 3 were dealt my way. Cool! A full house! Sigh. Unfortunately that hand took all my chips and Andy Bloch who was in the tournament never got to feel my wrath. Maybe next time :P

I cleared the Empire reload bonus last night, but early on it felt like I was going to go even further in the hole (already stuck $200 for a $150 bonus, great job!). First hand in Pot Limit Omaha 8 or better (PLO8), I catch an open ended straight flush draw on the flop, no possible low. The turn completes my flush, and the river is blank but.... why... are... the chips not.... oh he had the ace high flush. Rebuy! Luckily, after an hour of playing weak-tight, I managed to extract some chips with A - 2 - 3 - K double suited by taking the high with a straight, and 1/3 of the low when two others pushed all their chips in with no high hand and just A2 for the low. While playing at Empire I saw many familiar names pop up on my screen, I guess I was playing like a fish this weekend and made a few buddy lists. Even after the carnage this weekend, I managed to clear the bonus with a $17 profit. Maybe I can use the money to hunt down some Nude Lindsay Lohan pictures (oh come on everyone else is doing it! :D).

The WSOP steps at Party. Poker Nerd and DoubleAs have both discussed these bile-riddened tournaments. My count is now 15 Step 1 freerolls. Hey, at least I'm earning wonderful frequent player points! Sigh. At least it wasn't a suck-out loss this time as I was short-stacked with two all-ins ahead of me in the BB with 97s. Getting a little over 3 to 1 on my money and no difference between 2nd and 4th, and blinds at 150/300 with only T900 left, it made sense to push and hope for the best. The best didn't come and YOU'VE WON A STEP 1 WSOP STEPS FREEROLL CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Its starting to feel like Bill Murrary in Groundhog's Day, maybe if I try to off myself by pushing all-in with any two cards Andie MacDowell will finally push me over the edge and into a Step 2 tourney.

Did anyone catch the Miss USA pagent last night? I found Fear Factor to usually be more exciting (Miss New York wowowowowowowowow).

Tonight I may adventure into Noble Poker for some bonus whoring but for now its work/play with Little Drizz/eat/Amazing Race/bed. Yes, another exciting day in the life of a suburban dad.

No comments: