Monday, July 20, 2009

Can Someone Find My July?

Much like my friends who just returned from covering the WSOP, I'm currently wondering where the hell July went.

While I'm not fully functional having zero sleep in the dream bank since the Sunday Million ran a bit long this morning. I'll implore you to check out the write ups at the PokerStarsBlog as I managed to fall asleep at the screen this morning thanks to my rule of no drinks with caffiene that doesn't contain alcohol.

Sunday Million write-up
Sunday Warm-up write-up


Maybe I need to re-think that one especially when these early morning hurt while I go to work for 11 hours, dentist appointment, take the mohawk'd one to T-Ball, work out, then head over to the big-boy field and play softball myself.

I think I'll squeeze in some time to breathe and chew gum at the same time around Thursday.

---

I looked around the Mall of America for Dawn Summers and Betty Underground but couldn't find them. Perhaps security took them away after their attempt to pounce on the World's Largest Cupcake this weekend.

MINNEAPOLIS – A 151-pound cupcake in Minneapolis has been certified as the
world's largest. The 1-foot tall, 2-foot wide cupcake on display Saturday at the
Minneapolis Mall of America had 15 pounds of fudge filling and 60 pounds of
yellow icing.

Guinness World Records adjudicator Danny Girton Jr. called it a "fun
and creative achievement."
The cupcake was made by cakes.com,
which is run by cake-decoration supplier and marketer DecoPac.


More likely they were found up at Hooter's checking out the local talent.

---

You know those weekends that were fun only if you cut out the time your kids were sleeping? That was this weekend.

I love, adore, would-die-for my kids but having to my daddy-voice one too many times attempted to break this calm me and the wife have been enjoying lately. "Go to bed" means, please get up and grab the tupperware container full of cookies with the blinds drawn and make like a band saw with a fresh 2 by 4 using your freshly washed sheets as a napkin then make faces thru the door taunting me to toss you back in bed.

But, one hug and kiss later and you forget all about it until they try to wake up too early the next morning blaring Scooby Doo vs the Australian Vampire on VHS while bouncing on your bed.

I think I had the monster's BLLAAUURRRGGHHHHH noise down pat while Daphie and Fred rounded up clues to putting the bat-thief behind bars.

---

Question of the day: If a dentist is worried about your general oral health, why do they give you those crappy toothbrushes that make your gums bleed with their office information on it instead of the newest Oral-B triple action Super-Cleansing that turns your brush into a mouth-wide car wash complete with undercarriage scrub?

No comments: