Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Pinch Hitting With Authority

Still frazzled, not the least bit dazzled by T-Jack’s performance on Monday night. I could rant about buttah fingers Shiancoe or Jackson’s ability to throw a pass at the Lambeau field grass with such authority that the ground hogs in Madison were complaining about the noise. Purple Jesus looked good, but not great for someone who runs like Lawrence Taylor in Tecmo Bowl 87’. Barring injury, look for him to tear up a couple of defenses for 200+, while I have extreme prejudice against the cheeseheads, they have a solid defense and that front four on offense was stellar. Kudos.

Also look for me to be wearing my punishment for pride at the Bash from The Wife. Did anyone else rather her in Viking samba panties? I think a muzzle and leash plus drool cup would be minimum for Waffles to be within 100 yards of her. Actually the Helga hat I had picked out for her will have to go back into storage until the next game :)


SKOL!!

Are you enjoying the WCOOP coverage? Any complaints, praises, rants, suggestions? After coming back to “work” for a 10 hour day, it feels like a day off. Hell, plunking numbers into spreadsheets at my own pace is a little different then scampering for chip counts on 15 different pros while looking at stats for IThinkURdUmB69 all in five minutes during the breaks. Seriously, those are some pressure packed hours which is great for someone who enjoys being kept on his toes.


As stated before this started, my only hope is that I’m not holding back the team of wordsmiths that Otis has (my confidence level rises every night that I don't erase the posts or spell Isabelle's name wrong).
From playing sports all my life I know what it feels like to be both the bench-riding fourth starter who calls the pitches from the dugout while keeping track of RBIs and pitch placement and the MVP who is expected to perform where other cannot or won’t. I’ve been the Captain, I’ve been the Tennille and should the job performance be marked with an above satisfactory mark with comments about “plays well with others” and “doesn’t spend entire meeting staring at Vice President’s MILF-ish back tattoo and lace thong showing from power dress” after Sunday September 21st, I hope there’s another chance to play with the team again.

If you have never been both the starter and waterboy/girl, you’re letting life drift by. I’ve been guilty of this for the longest time, and jumping into something I’ve never done before without water-wingies has been refreshing. Whether its hitting a ball, solving the cold fission problem, or coming up with the next snappy McDonald’s jingle, there’s something out there for everyone to stretch themselves (thanks Kat).

Now that I’m limber as a Cirque du Soleil contortionist, I’m ready for the next two weeks.

Bring it on.


No comments: