Tuesday, March 08, 2005

12 days till Vegas

Please, please, please get here soon! I was hoping to coast through the next 12 days like Ferris Bueller in High School, but after the last few days I don't see that happening. My son was up all night sick so my head this morning feels like a orange mocha frappuccino (Zoolander = funny finally saw it for the first time this weekend).

I played a little poker on Party last night with 1/3 of the Minnesota WPBT blogger team (I tried chatting with the other third but he was busy drinking out on his porch) that will be showing up in Vegas to take down the team from SC. I managed to take down a little cash on the BBJ tables when I caught Paris and Nicky in a threesome with the board paired and two maniacs capped the last two streets with a pair of Aces. On Halverson's table the sisters weren't so hot as they ran into a A A T flop and had to bail when I got bet into. I did however earn a pot playing big lick. In fact, the only pots I won on that table I didn't have a made hand, Chris was moping up the calling stations that forgot to check his VPIP :D

Poker Wisdom (from my super-cool poker calendar) :

"Fold a doubtful hand at the start rather than in the middle or at the end".

Great, maybe I should do that more often and I wouldn't whine about losing to runner-runner straights or what have you.

I made an uneventful return to Absolute poker where my luck continues to be horrid. Flop a straight, 4th hits on the turn, other person gets a higher straight. Flop a set, cap, cap, other person hit their set on the river. Flop two pair.... beat the overpair until.... he hits a set. That's variance but it always seems to be that site. The pots I did win I had to earn, cards were very cold again last night. Grind, grind, grind, gotta get that cash ready for Vegas in two weeks AND in June.

And if you haven't heard H.O.R.S.E. in the name of the game for the next online WPBT event. Bust out those Ray-Zee books on split games and pester Felicia for advice on how to play a three flush Stud :D

I'm off to purchase one of those trendy "energy" drinks since I'd never put an orange mocha frappucino in my mouth.

No comments: