Monday, March 14, 2005

That was not nice and easy...

The good:

Playing H.O.R.S.E at Full Tilt it was a great time to get away from always playing hold em' for a tourney, especially after wasted time I put in this weekend and getting no cashes.

The chatroom with some other well-known bloggers was filled with suckout stories and victories. Everyone raved about playing Razz! Ok, maybe not, but it was fun except the shooting bricks when you start with a wheel draw.

Seeing America's Favorite Wingman get deep into the tourney instead of going out first like someone who is going on a cruise soon :D

Winning another O8 SnG at Party while chatting with the other blogger railbirds.

The bad:

Going out 76th and never really having a chance with the steep escalating blinds. (This was a discussion in the chatroom, the blinds felt very steep last night). I hope Full Tilt does take a look at the blind structure which caused me and probably other players to make plays they normally would not.

Knowing that the other two Minnesota bloggers finished ahead of me.

Seeing Iowa in the NCAA tourney. Rigged.

Seeing Dick Vitale not giving a second thought to the Gophers/Iowa State match up and making it sound like a prelude to UNC dominance in the second round baby! Sigh. Even though I like the Tar Heels, now I hope either Minnesota or Iowa State kicks their ass just for Dicky V's comments on Sportscenter this morning.

As I'm sure everyone is talking about the NCAA tourney now, I will be entering as many brackets as possible and throwing them all away after this weekend. Why you may ask? Because I've never picked more then 2 Final Four teams, nor have I pick the champion before. But its soooooooo much fun to root on those unknown 12th-16th seeds, or hoping the 8th seed will knock off a #1 seed in the second round (GO GOPHERS!!!). If the bloggers have a bracket contest going, let me know who I can donate my money to.

Saturday brought my friends and their kids over to my place as a housewarming/let-the-kids-run-all-over-and-have-fun night. Of course with a rare night for the guys getting together we played a couple of quick poker tourneys! $2 was the stakes, winner-take-all (there's a reason why my blog is called Nickleanddimes...). We had a blast! My brother took home the first tourney with 42o vs. A4 and getting the duck on the river. I busted out vs. my brother on a K6o vs. Presto hand when a King came on the turn for him. I don't remember too much of the second tourney since a deadly mix of Smithwick beers and tiredness seeped most of the tournament memory from my head. I do remember my friend E taking down the second tourney after several all-in heads up hands vs. my brother. Minus $4 for the tourneys, but it was much better then the $100 I lost playing at Stars for the remainder of the night. What compelled me to fire up 4 tables while four-thirds drunk? I can only blame having my friends over to play poker to stoke the fire to play. TT with an 8 high board? Sure call that all-in knowing full well he's going to turn over a baby set (and the villian did). Think McFly Think! Still gotta plug those leaks in my game if I ever want to continue to move up in limits.

Vegas 6 days away and I'm pleading with the time clock to move extra quickly this week, but I'm 39 hours of work away still :(

No comments: