Monday, March 28, 2005

Weekend Update

I wanted to get my Vegas trip on paper before starting the trip review and since I was busy this weekend (a.k.a. playing too much online poker plus yard work) I didn't get the chance to write down a skeleton of my Vegas trip.

Back to work, sigh. Yeah, we all hate that first day back to normallacy especially after a week in Vegas. Rum and coke at 7:30am or 4:00am? Ubetcha! Four women walking past you with breasts the size of Lake Mead in dresses that could fit a Cabbage Patch Doll? Commonplace. It was a fun trip, hopefully I can still remember the parts worth writing about.

The weekend was spent doing yard work at the new house. Yes, a great way to sweat out the 15 gallons of rum and coke I consumed in Vegas. Since the backyard was covered with snow we never knew exactly how much work was needed to be done. Half-acre almost completely filled with Maple and Pine trees and the previous owner hadn't rake/cut/trimmed anything for three years. Fun! Me, the wife, and my in-laws started to chip away at this Mount Everest pile of compost. We have filled over forty 39-gallon bags with leaves and pine needles and we're MAYBE half-way done. Sigh. At least there will be plenty of firewood for the cabin this summer as we're trimming down the smaller trees to make a wider play area for Little Drizz.

Easter Sunday was spent mostly at my parents house minus my dad who has been in New York for the past two weeks because the elevator union is striking leaving him to work 14 hour days. He was not happy about not being home with his grandson last week since this is the way he worked while I grew up and doesn't feel like missing out on Little Drizz growing up. Anyway.... mom put out a spread of Quiche, egg bakes with hash browns, mammoth muffins, and my sister's in-laws made everyone mimosas (think I drank enough this week???). Little Drizz still didn't understand the whole egg hunt deal as we'd point him towards the egg only to have him run in the opposite direction to play with the basketballs. Maybe next year he'll understand the value of chocolate covered bunnies.

As stated, I played a little poker this weekend at several sites, but mostly at Full Tilt (Bonus code: Drizz99) playing Razz with BadBlood and Glyphic and a little NLHE at Party with Pokeramarama. At one point I was playing Stud8, Pot Limit Omaha8, NL Hold Em', and Razz all at once. It was a test to see if I could play different variations of poker and not lose my concentration. NLHE - about even after being down a stack with the help of someone pushing all-in pre-flop with 22 vs. my AA (people still do this, no idea why). Razz - not so good, minus $15, I blame BB and Glyphic for throwing bricks at me like a condemned sinner. Stud8 - rather not say, but it wasn't good (that's poker-speak for I lost a lot). PLO8 - YES! Made up for my terrible Stud8 game since people with 3rd nut flushes and 4th nut lows will play for their whole stacks. God bless you PartyPoker. I didn't come near recouping my Vegas losses (numbers to come later) but I did save 15% or more on my car insurance by switching to Geico.

NCAA pool, I told Pauly I was dead money in those things. Every year I always pick the wrong region for the gaggle of upsets. But, I did manage to pick Illinois, UNC, and Louisville for the final four in a different pool. Despite my horrible start, if UNC wins it all I just might take home some cash there. Much like my quick parlay bet of Big Ten teams yesterday to cover netted me a free happy meal or twenty :)

Coming tomorrow (I hope)... Vegas Trip Part I: Are We Drinking Yet?

No comments: