Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Wings and National Champions

I was already meeting up with my attorney and realtor (separate issues) and was planning on crashing on the couch for the Orange Bowl when my friend calls me up to go to Buffalo Wild Wings for the game. An offer I can't refuse. Luckily the meetings with the attorney and realtor went quick (we sold the house whoo whoo!!), and I was off to the land of beer and spicy wings (not to mention $.35 wing night!). We were met up with 5 other friends and had a great time. I dined on the Caribbean Jerk wings (a lot more spicy then I remember) and watched another friend polish off a truckload of Thai flavored ones. It was nice to be a semi-barfly again for a night, after having Little Drizz come into my life there isn't as many chances to go and hang out with the guys and not worry about a sippy-cup flying by. My wife rocks for taking care of the little one (note to self: backrub and foot rubs for her tonight).

The USC vs. OU game looked tight in the first half except for a couple of boneheaded plays that gave USC 2 easy scores. But, a 38-10 halftime score didn't leave for much drama and work unfortunately starts at 6am the next morning so we headed out at halftime. In fact we were paying more attention to the Wolves game where the 20 point Suns' lead was more interesting then the football game.

We did have an arguement at the bar... how unlikely are the Vikes to win this weekend at Green Bay? My friend (who ate the truckload of wings) is a die-hard fan (like me, but I'm a realist when it comes to the Vikes) he said that they'll play hard and will have a chance. But... they've got two very big statistics going againist them. Their record playing outdoors and Green Bay's record when the temperature is below 32 degrees. I'm thinking another quick exit for the purple from the playoff this year.

When I got home my poker jones weren't satisified from the night before, so I fired up TGC to continue clearing that bonus plus a BBJ ($260K!!!) PartyPoker $2/$4 table. The $2/$4 table was uneventful, got rockets they won, got TPTK they won, lost on a couple of other second-best hands (damn those things kill a good night!) to finish down 5BBs. Didn't have much in the way of draws and such and PartyPoker did not deposit 50% of the jackpot into my account. Bastards.

TGC was a little better by the way of cards but a couple of second-best hands at the end killed my profitable night by finishing down 6BB on the $.50/1 table and only up 1BB on the $1/$2 table. I was unimpressed by the AQ vs. my AT only raising on the river when AAJ flopped and I was betting into him. I would have paid him off probably capping a street since it was a blank on the turn and no raise pre-flop. Good for me, bad for him.

81 days till Vegas and god I need it. I'm so sick of my hands going numb just getting into the car in the morning. I'd rather have my finger going numb from chasing the bonus rounds on the Kenny Roger's Gambler slots and the 15 Cap'n Cokes I drank throughout the day :)

No comments: