Let the Super Bowl hype begin. Brady hurt?? Thanks to the media for trying to lower the line to single digits!!
For fans of the oblong pigskin, what’s more annoying:
- The length of time between the end of the college football season and the BCS bowl games.
- The length of time between the NFC/AFC Conference Championships and Super Bowl
Can’t they have the 3rd place game this week between Green Bay and the Super Chargers awarding the Marty Schottenheimer award to the winner?
I just took a look at my itinerary for the year and by far this is the most I’ll be away from the glacial ice caps of Minnesota:
- February: Southern Texas with the wife and two other couples: I’ve explained to April that this trip better not suck or I will hold her responsible for no other reason then being a resident of this rather large state. Any suggestions out there for the McAllen/South Padre part of Texas for fun?
- March (on the fence): Vegas. Sportsbook. Good cigars. College basketball. Wheelchair possibilities. With the stupidity I’ve been viewing at the PL/NLO8 tables I might get the funding necessary for a quick weekend of liver punishment.
- June: Charleston/Isle of Palms/G-Vegas: Family reunion with nearly 40 other pale skinned Minnesotans and two relocated family members in South Carolina. Still checking to see if a side trip to G-Vegas for a day to take the rest of BadBlood’s bankroll is possible since the kids will want ice cream at the beach. Might imbibe a dirty martini for the first time if provoked or otherwise impaired. Definitely going carry my 30+ handicap onto the golf courses, and take down the nightly beer pong games with my college aged cousins.
- July: Gentile Summit 2008: I am BoxerChamp. Even A-listers like Joaquin can’t contend with my softball swing technique.
- September: The Bash: Again dependent on poker. I'm looking at you Mr. Full Tilt Random Number Generator!!!
- December: I’ll see you all again around my birthday in Vegas (I hope there’s like someone who doesn’t mind herding cats again and the IP sportsbook hasn’t been demolished by NFL mid-season).
Here’s to the Omatards at Full Tilt banking my frequent flyer miles for the year because my $7.54 an hour flipping Whoppers isn’t going to get me further then Hudson, Wisconsin. One such player as offered another last longer in this evening’s Blogger Skill Series game of Omaha 8 or better. She likes funding my blogger tourney addiction. For that I thank you CK. When you transfer the money, remember my avatar is the busty nurse, much appreciated.